Rehearsal Schedule – Spring 2019
Mondays, 7:30 – 9:30pm at First Baptist Church, 461 King Street, Littleton, MA
Regular rehearsals for members are every Monday (unless otherwise specified) until performance.
February 18: Bach movement 1 (with text)
Faure’ 5 & 7
February 25: Bach movement 2 with text
Faure’ 1 & 2
March 4: Bach movement 3 with text
Faure’ 3 & 6
March 11: Bach: All, with text
March 18: TBD
March 25: TBD
APRIL 1: TBD
APRIL 8: Run through Bach & Faure’
February 16 Maria’s (1 Laury Lane, Littleton, MA)
February 23 Maria’s (1 Laury Lane, Littleton, MA)
March 2 Brenda and Ken Troup’s (21 Meadow Road, Bolton)
March 16 TBD
March 23 (?)
- Faure’ Requiem:
- Soprano: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9SD3GZ81VdhPF6aDwrlBRbkz-ifBgsfM
- Alto: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9SD3GZ81VdjmjYsfjTekzZTreRJgRUbG
- Tenor: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9SD3GZ81Vdgxo1INmpaSZp3z97ZSDIac
- Bass: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9SD3GZ81VdhRC9hsxcX2Boj0TNq70GZQ
- Bach Motet:
Best files for learning the Bach:
Carus Music app https://www.carus-verlag.com/en/digital-media/carus-music-the-choir-app/ You can download the app on your phone (via App Store or Google Play), purchase the voice part you want for $3.99, and listen to it sung, with text, at tempo or slowly, even with a piano doubling your voice part if you want (“Coach”). A really excellent app.
Another option is to get the MIDI files from “John’s Midi File Choral Website.” The page for “Singet dem Herrn” is http://www.learnchoralmusic.co.uk/Bach/Singet-dem-Herrn/singet-dem-herrn.html. You can download the files for an individual part or everything together.
Doesn’t work in your car, but these files can be VERY useful.
General Musical Terminology:
- Soprano 2: Susan Shaine – email@example.com
- Soprano 1: Susan Hill – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alto: Joey Vigeant – email@example.com
- Tenor: Ernie Preisig – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bass: Doug Dalrymple – email@example.com
- Concert dress – Women: Long black pants or skirts, black socks or hose, black shoes, black long-sleeved top.
- Concert dress – Men: Black tuxedo or suit, black tie, white shirt, black socks and shoes.
- All music must be covered in a Black folder
No perfume, aftershave, strong smelling deodorant, hair spray, etc.