The Nashoba Valley Chorale is inviting young voice students from the Nashoba Valley to audition to perform vocal solos at our winter concert on January 19, 2019.
Singers will be auditioning to perform the solos in Mozart’s Regina Coeli with the Nashoba Valley Chorale and a professional chamber ensemble, under the direction of Anne Watson Born, conductor.*
High school, Homeschool or College student in good standing (ages 15-25), currently enrolled in voice lessons, instrumental lessons or a school ensemble.
- Students must be available for a coaching with Ms. Watson Born on Monday December 17 and/or Monday January 7, 2019, at First Baptist Church in Littleton (tbd).
- Students must be available for a dress rehearsal on Thursday January 17, 2019, and the performance (Saturday, January 19, 8pm). The dress rehearsal and performance will both be held at Littleton High School.
- Depending on the number of applicants, students may be asked to attend a callback with the Nashoba Valley Chorale on a date TBD.
- Record a 2 minute selection of the student singing a Classical-era piece that demonstrates the student’s range and facility. We accept submissions in .wav, or .mp3 format. A link to a live YouTube video is also acceptable. The recording should be “dry”. Addition of digital reverb, pitch correction, or other audio effects post-recording will disqualify the submission.
- Send your file or link in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the student’s name and school in the subject line.
- Fill out this Google form and hit “submit” when completed.
- Once we receive your email and Google form submission, we will send you a confirmation email.
Submissions are due by Friday, October 19, 2018 at 11:59pm.
There is no financial remuneration for this event, but the student(s) chosen will receive a recording of their performance.
Please contact Anne Watson Born, Music Director, Nashoba Valley Chorale, email@example.com, with any questions.
*NVC is under no obligation to choose a soloist if no candidates are qualified to sing in the performance.